Saturday, February 2, 2013

Rain or Shine... Next up 18

Rain or Shine... Next up 18.

We are still in desperate need of donations.  Despite our attempts to scare the kids away with long runs in the rain, they just won't go away.  We're looking at closer to 20 students for the Marathon.  Exciting!

If you are able to donate, this link will take you to a secure page for online donations. Thank you!!
 http://wocompassion.org/?page_id=654
Donations can also be sent to:
Whitney Gomes
Jordan High School
6500 Atlantic Avenue
Long Beach, CA 90805
Make Checks Payable to: J-Town Running Club


The 1st Half.
Last weekend we braved the rain for 16 miles.  It wasn't a downpour but we could each wring a cup or two of water out of our shirts.  Overall, I think the kids had a good time and it was good training.  I don't want to jinx it, but, just in case conditions are not so desirable on race day, this was good to do.  They're even smiling!
Last few.  Some escaped with out a pic.
 This Saturday, February 2, I got to be a spectator, kind of.  Sandra and I are doing the Huntington Beach Half Marathon on Sunday so we did not do the entire 14-18 with the kids.  Sandra did a few miles to stay loose and I rode my bike to keep track of the children.  This also provided me the opportunity to take some pictures along our training route.  I had a great time and I can only imagine what the kids were saying about me as I leisurely cycled ahead, as they were trudging along.  =) All of the kids did at least 14.  A couple boys had too much energy and decided to scare the heck out of me and do 18 without telling me.  I was about to ride all over Long Beach looking for them when they came in laughing.  Not funny. But, I am proud of them for taking the challenge.  Here are a few pics from today.

Here they come...

The race is on.

That looks like Albert's Oh Hell No face.













No comments:

Post a Comment